A Windows phone companion called “aka.ms/yourpc” connects your smartphone to your Windows PC so you can use the “Windows Phone App” to access all of your phone’s data, including messages, galleries, notifications, apps, and much more.
The Phone Link app requires the following to work:
- A PC running Windows 10 (with the May 2019 Update or later) or Windows 11.
- An Android device runningAndroid 7.0 (Nougat) or later.
- Your phone and your PC both need to be connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
What is Aka ms yourpc?
You may access your phone through aka.ms/yourpc, which essentially creates a copy of it. If you have a Samsung, Windows, or Android phone, you can use this website to create a copy of it so you can use the mobile on a larger screen.
How to Link your Devices with PC?
Link your device with PC from the following steps-
- In the taskbar search box, enter “Phone Link,” and then choose the Phone Link app.
- Now you have to log in with your Microsoft account if you haven’t already if you haven’t already done so with Windows.
- Install or open the Link to Windows mobile app on your Android device. On your Android device, open the browser and type the link aka.ms/yourpc.
- To sign in to the patient portal of the Windows mobile app, use the same Microsoft account you used to sign in on your PC.
- Return to your computer after logging in, then click Pair with QR code in the I have the Link to Windows app ready check box.
- A pop-up window with a QR code will appear on your PC’s screen.
- Select Link your phone and PC from the Android mobile app’s menu. Is your computer set up to scan a QR code? Select Continue.
- The app will ask for your consent before accessing your camera. After you give your permission, the app will start up a camera. Use this camera to scan the QR code that is visible on your computer.
- Additional Android permissions may be requested when you scan the QR code. These rights allow you to access content from your phone on your PC.
- After completing the on-screen steps on your Android device, select Done.
- Examine the Phone Link application on your PC whenever you get back.
How to Link your Devices with another Android Device?
Following are the steps to link android device-
- Open the Google Play Store if necessary, perform a search for Link to Windows, and then download the application.
- On your computer, a QR code will display that you must scan.
- To access the QR code, launch your PC’s web browser and navigate to aka.ms/yourpc.
- To scan the QR code seen on your computer, use the in-app camera on your Android device.
- You might be ask for a few permissions if you scan the QR code.
- These rights allow you to access content from your phone on your PC.